Saturday, September 17, 2022
Noon to 4 PM
400 Division Street, Oak Park, IL
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month in
Oak Park at the inaugural Convivencia!
Enjoy and learn about Latinx culture at the 2022 Convivencia in Oak Park! This FREE event is filled with fun, fellowship and resources for the whole family.
Convivencia means “living together,” which has been the mission of the Housing Center since 1972: cultivating integrated, diverse, and inclusive communities. This year, we are proud to continue this mission in the form of a Hispanic Heritage Month celebration!
Please join us for this special event supporting and celebrating our Latinx community.
Bring your chairs and picnic blankets!
All Day Events: Noon to 4pm
- Live Art in the Park with Studio Nez
- Resource Fair
- Bouncy House
- Latin American Artifacts from Oak Park Public Library’s Multicultural Collection
- 12 PM to 2 PM: Face Painting
- 12 PM to 2 PM: Balloon Animals
- 12:15 PM – 12:45 PM: Storytime with Mr. Jose from Oak Park Public Library
- 12:45 PM, 2 PM, and 3 PM: Piñatas
- 1 PM to 2 PM: Cumbiamba Group Latin Dance with Israel Landa
- 2:15 PM to 3:15 PM: Mariachi Sirenas
- 3:15 PM to 4 PM: Lotería with Nora Sanchez from Oak Park Public Library
Community Resources at the Convivencia
- Beyond Hunger
- Break the Silence
- Dominican-American Midwest Association (DAMA)
- Huntington Bank
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Oak Park and River Forest Townships
- Oak Park Health Department
- Oak Park Public Library
- Oak Park Regional Housing Center
- Park District of Oak Park
- Rincon Family Services
- Rise Up – Community International
- Servicios Unidos International
- Seven Generations Ahead
- US Bank
- Village of Oak Park
Beyond Hunger will be collecting non-perishable food donations at the Convivencia. Below please find the food items they need most. Your donation of these items would be a big help in the fight against hunger and food insecurity, though all non-perishable foods are accepted and appreciated!
- Canned Chicken Soup
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Cheerios’ Cereal
- Canned Mixed Vegetables
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Bagged Rice (White or Brown)
- Dry Beans (Pinto and Black)
- Canned Beans (Pinto and Black)
- Canned Pineapples
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Fruit cocktail (packed in juice)
This event is hosted by the Oak Park Regional Housing Center in partnership with the Oak Park Public Library, Park District of Oak Park, and the Village of Oak Park.
A special thanks to the Planning Committee who helped make this event possible!