The Oak Park Regional Housing Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Oak Park Regional Housing Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to achieve meaningful and lasting diversity in Oak Park and beyond. The Housing Center works to promote and sustain diverse communities through proactive programs that leverage individual actions to affect structural change. To fulfill this mission the Housing Center, a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency, employs Housing Counselors to serve in its West Cook Homeownership Center. Our program is designed to serve the needs of low- to moderate-income persons, people of color, and other groups protected by civil rights laws to improve their financial situation and attain wealth.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Program: Core Program (OPRHC), West Cook Homeownership Center, and Austin Ascending
The Oak Park Regional Housing Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to achieve meaningful and lasting diversity in Oak Park and the surrounding communities including both the neighborhood of Austin and the Village of Forest Park. The Housing Center works to promote and sustain diverse communities through proactive programs that leverage individual actions to affect structural change.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Oak Park Regional Housing Center and, as such, he/she is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising and community outreach. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
A successful person for this role will be expert or proficient in all the following areas:
- Financial Acumen
- Board Relations
- Management Skills
- Market Experience
- Progressive Revenue Growth
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Oversee agreed upon policies of the organization
- Promote the value and virtue of racial integration
- Provide research and analysis on the benefits of racial integration
- Demonstrate the connections between racial residential integration and other timely and important issues and policies
- Provide guidance on connecting our mission to our programming for all staff
- Oversee processes and protocols for effective service
- Provide monthly reporting to the board for all programs
- Determine annual goals for programmatic outcomes
- Oversee continuous efforts to meet and exceed annual programmatic goals
- Cultivate and document government, corporate and philanthropic sources
- Promote and record major donors and family foundation donors
- Foster and record fee-for-services and consulting opportunities
- Responsible for oversight and accountability of all OPRHC staff and leadership
- Timely financial reporting that meet auditing and Board of Director standards
- Maintain technology necessary for the organization
- Personnel policy and procedures oversight
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Responsibility for overall staff management including hiring, termination and employee discipline
- Serve as the point person and public figure of the organization
- Promote the importance of the Housing Center to targeted audiences
- Provide public education on the organization’s mission, values and accomplishments
- Supervise public relations efforts and web presence
- Developing and maintaining healthy and collaborative relationships with Board of Directors
- Collection and Disbursement of all necessary information in a comprehensive and timely package prior to each Board meeting
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
The Executive Director should have at least 10 years of progressive leadership experience.
Qualified applicants should possess at least a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree is preferred, in the areas of public
policy administration, non-profit management, business administration, or another relevant field.
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate. Benefits include flexible spending time, medical and dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
Please submit your resume to Adam Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.